Health & Medication

Students are not permitted to carry medication on them at school, including pain relief medication or cough drops. If a child is required to take any medication at school, including an Epipen, prescribed for him/her by a physician, the physician must complete an "Authorization for Medication Administration" form. To allow authorized staff to administer medication, parents should give the form and medication to the Health Office. Parents will need to submit a new authorization form at the beginning of each new school year. If your child needs to take a medication for a short period of time during the school day, parents are welcome to administer the medication to their own child at the recess or lunch time.